Thursday, August 13, 2009

Audition for the San Antonio Symphony

I've been having a pretty good summer so far. Working at a running shoe store, teaching/counseling at a jazz camp at school, and teaching private lessons.

About three weeks ago, during the middle of the second of two weeks of camp, I got a phone call from my trombone teacher. He had just heard about a symphony audition for first and second trombone in the San Antonio Symphony. He told me it would be good experience to send in an audition. That was the end of July; the audition was to be sent in by email before August 14th. So I had three weeks to dust off three and learn two more excerpts, record them, write a resume, and send them all in.

After camp was over, I started working on the music more diligently, and this past week, with a TON of help from my great boyfriend, Brian (and his friend's basement), was able to record all five excerpts within the span of two nights. I wrote a resume based off my teaching resume, with more recent playing experiences, and sent the audition in this morning. I didn't know that I was going to be able to do that. Brian did.

I got an email back saying they had received my audition and now I just sit and wait. Honestly, I think it was a good experience. I would be so torn to have to move to San Antonio this year! At least it is only a year. And it would be great to be able to play in a pro symphony.

Anyway, I'm also running a 185 mile relay this weekend and then moving into my own place on Monday... not too big of a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment