Friday, June 19, 2009

Reunion

So a few days ago, I went out with four of my friends from high school wind ensemble to a local burrito place/bar for some drinks and to catch up. It was so nice to see them all in one place and to think about how all of our paths have been so different! Three of us are pursuing music as a career. Jared is going to Boston University to get his master's degree in trumpet, Meghan just graduated from Westminster Choir College in voice/education, and I'm at EWU studying trombone. The other two: Meara is a world traveller and Asa is a graduate student in Corvallis, OR, studying Math.

So we all got together and caught up on what everyone else was doing, and had a great time! I feel kinda good about being the one who arranged this little meeting. Last week, I was with Meghan and Meara and suggested that we go down to this bar on Wednesday. Next, I realized Jared was in town and invited him along. To top it off, Asa called me Wednesday afternoon to say he was in town for only a few days and did I want to play some duets with him. So naturally, I invited him along, too.

It's an especially nice part of life that we can all go our separate ways and then sometimes run back into old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment